10/14/10 ~ 6/8/01
Born in Middlesborough, England to James Ernest Pennock and Hannah Driffill Pennock. When he was eight months old, they took a boat to America and moved to Salt Lake City. He worked on the trolley cars, and in the family extermination co-mpany. Married La Verne Murphy on 6-19-35 in the Salt Lake Temple, David O McKay performed the ceremony. In 1941 moved to Oakland, California where he worked as a photographer for the Navy, and delivered water to homes, hospitals and business's for many years later as plant manager and distiller for Alhambra Water Co.
Bill was awarded an accommodation from the City of Oakland California for 25 years of service as a voluntary reserve policeman. He was a security guard at the Kaiser and Ordway building in Oakland when he retired in 1977. Bill is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and served several missions as well as in many other positions. He and his wife, sold their home in Oakland and served a mission in Indiana in 1978, returned home to Orem, Utah and have lived in Utah valley ever since. They were also temple workers in Oakland and in Provo. Bill was known for his sense of humor, beautiful photography, love of little children and animals, and for his desire to serve others. He was a member of the Golden Kiwanis in Orem.
Survived by: three Daughters, Jenalynn (Bill) Greer, Cherry Hill, N. J.; Judith (Dave) Dimick, Spanish Fork, UT; Jayne (Steve) Vaughn, Elk Ridge, UT; 16 Grandchildren; eight Great-grandchildren; Sisters, Elva (David) Pearson, Taylorsville, UT; Mildred (Larry) Malmstron, Woodland, CA; Brother, Frank(Arlene) Pennock, Salt Lake City, UT; and many Nieces and Nephews.
Preceded in death by a Daughter, Patricia L. Brooks in 1991; a Brother, John Albert (B. Coralee) Pennock; and Sisters, Doris (Ike)
Lether, Thora (Farrell)Sorensen, and Mary Ann Pennock.
Funeral Services will be held Tuesday, June 12, at 11:00 a.m. at the Orem Cascade 3rd Ward Chapel, 1051 East 200 North. Friends may call Monday night at Berg Mortuary of Provo, 185 East Center Street, from 6:30-8 p.m. or at the Chapel Tuesday, one hour prior to services. Interment, Salt Lake City Cemetery. The family would like to extend a special thank you to the caring staff At the Crestview Care Center of Provo.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14