Kathy Sorensen, died suddenly May 19, 2001 after a brief illness.
She was born October 28, 1943 in Bingham Canyon, UT. She graduated from Provo High School, attended Dixie College, and B.Y.U. Kathy lived in Provo almost her entire life and spent over 30 years working at the Utah Valley State College.
Kathy will always be remembered for her service to others and her sweet and caring personality. She loved doing things for others, especially on birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions. Kathy served as a missionary in the Northern Indian Mission. During that time she met her life-long friend and sister,
Naomie Broken Leg. Kathy served as a Relief Society President in a B.Y.U. ward and was always a devoted visiting teacher.
Survived by her dear friend and sister, Naomie Broken Leg, Provo; father, Wilson W. Sorensen, Provo; brothers, Kent (Jill) Sorensen, South Jordan; Kim (Tonia) Sorensen, West Valley City; Kory (Roxann) Sorensen, Grand Terrace, CA; and many nieces, nephews, and cousins. She was preceded in death by her mother, Helen Sorensen.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, May 24, 2001 at 11 a.m. in the Oak Hills 2nd Ward LDS Chapel, 925 E. North Temple Drive, (approx. 2100 No.) Provo, Utah. Friends may call at the church, Wednesday evening from 7-8:30 p.m. and Thursday from 10-10:45 a.m. prior to the services. Interment will be in the East Lawn Memorial Hills Cemetery under direction of Wing Mortuary, Lehi.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 55
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 20
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 13
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9