Kathy Sorensen, died suddenly May 19, 2001 after a brief illness.
She was born October 28, 1943 in Bingham Canyon, UT. She graduated from Provo High School, attended Dixie College, and B.Y.U. Kathy lived in Provo almost her entire life and spent over 30 years working at the Utah Valley State College.
Kathy will always be remembered for her service to others and her sweet and caring personality. She loved doing things for others, especially on birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions. Kathy served as a missionary in the Northern Indian Mission. During that time she met her life-long friend and sister,
Naomie Broken Leg. Kathy served as a Relief Society President in a B.Y.U. ward and was always a devoted visiting teacher.
Survived by her dear friend and sister, Naomie Broken Leg, Provo; father, Wilson W. Sorensen, Provo; brothers, Kent (Jill) Sorensen, South Jordan; Kim (Tonia) Sorensen, West Valley City; Kory (Roxann) Sorensen, Grand Terrace, CA; and many nieces, nephews, and cousins. She was preceded in death by her mother, Helen Sorensen.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, May 24, 2001 at 11 a.m. in the Oak Hills 2nd Ward LDS Chapel, 925 E. North Temple Drive, (approx. 2100 No.) Provo, Utah. Friends may call at the church, Wednesday evening from 7-8:30 p.m. and Thursday from 10-10:45 a.m. prior to the services. Interment will be in the East Lawn Memorial Hills Cemetery under direction of Wing Mortuary, Lehi.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16