Salt Lake-based interface technology company Fonix Corp. said Thursday that it has purchased DECtalk, a text-to-speech technology from Force Computers, a Solectron company.
Terms were not disclosed. The acquisition price will be paid over one year, Fonix said.
Fonix said the acquisition will increase its long-term product sales growth rate and will help Fonix expand its place in automotive, mobile and wireless TTS applications, as well as open new opportunities in speech product areas.
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- David Sturt: Have you failed enough?
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- Bitcoin controversy marks Newsweek's comeback
- Veteran news executive joins Deseret News
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 31
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 12
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 12
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 8
- Demolition underway on major downtown... 5
- House approves convention hotel bill 4
- Carry-on crackdown: United Airlines... 3