Salt Lake-based interface technology company Fonix Corp. said Thursday that it has purchased DECtalk, a text-to-speech technology from Force Computers, a Solectron company.
Terms were not disclosed. The acquisition price will be paid over one year, Fonix said.
Fonix said the acquisition will increase its long-term product sales growth rate and will help Fonix expand its place in automotive, mobile and wireless TTS applications, as well as open new opportunities in speech product areas.
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in new...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Stericycle critics: Shut it down now
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs
- Cities to celebrate completion of S-Line...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Financial interventions don't work 6
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- GM expert says 19 deaths eligible for... 1
- US current account deficit dips to... 1
- University of Utah entrepreneurship... 1