Salt Lake-based interface technology company Fonix Corp. said Thursday that it has purchased DECtalk, a text-to-speech technology from Force Computers, a Solectron company.
Terms were not disclosed. The acquisition price will be paid over one year, Fonix said.
Fonix said the acquisition will increase its long-term product sales growth rate and will help Fonix expand its place in automotive, mobile and wireless TTS applications, as well as open new opportunities in speech product areas.
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- What you need to know about massive air bag...
- Utah improves score in national rankings on...
- Lehi-based Vivint debuts innovation facility
- Out-of-patience investors sell off Amazon
- Ridesharing company Uber launches in Nevada
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination law...
- US halal food supplier indicted over beef...
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 9
- Customer decline hits McDonald's sales,... 4
- Egg freezing is now a perk of the... 4
- Lower gas prices could mean economic... 3
- Survey: Harassment a common part of... 2
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on... 2
- EPA: Gas mileage inflated on 4 Mini... 1