Salt Lake-based interface technology company Fonix Corp. said Thursday that it has purchased DECtalk, a text-to-speech technology from Force Computers, a Solectron company.
Terms were not disclosed. The acquisition price will be paid over one year, Fonix said.
Fonix said the acquisition will increase its long-term product sales growth rate and will help Fonix expand its place in automotive, mobile and wireless TTS applications, as well as open new opportunities in speech product areas.
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high...
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,...
- AIG CEO tells college graduates facing...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Did you just win $590M? Get a good team in place
- Tesoro to buy Chevron pipeline near Willard...
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong weeks...
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 30
- S.L. draws up airport plans 22
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 9
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 9
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Airport TRAX ridership remains strong... 6
- Tea party tax returns show small... 5
- IRS probe ignored most influential... 5