July is Parks and Recreation Month. In honor of this occasion, we have gathered together some of the best quotes from the comedy "Parks and Recreation."
The show starred Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope, who led her small Parks and Recreation department in Pawnee, Indiana, with an unreal amount of fervor and enthusiasm. Her team was filled with an assortment of odd, hilarious characters, including Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman), the extreme libertarian, hermit carnivore with a soft heart; Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt), the mentally slow but lovable shoe shiner; Ann Perkins (Rashida Jones), Leslie's nurse best friend; April Ludgate (Aubrey Plaza), Andy's dark, moody but also soft-hearted wife; Ben Wyatt (Adam Scott), Leslie's nerdy, quirky love interest — and so many more. Their misadventures and ultimately their loyalty for each other are what make this show a gold mine.
If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and go watch it on Netflix — now. Force yourself to get through the lesser first season. It will be worth it in the end.
Without further ado, here are some of the top quotes from this quirky show. There are many, many more — just do a quick search on Pinterest.
1. Andy is always full of the best one-liners. This is one Pratt ad-libbed himself.
"Leslie, I typed your symptoms into the thing up here, and it says you could have network connectivity problems." — Andy
2. Everyone knows Ron is food purist. Anything remotely healthy is a sin.
“There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that’s lying about being milk.” — Ron
3. No one should ever doubt Ron's manly ability to eat all the protein.
“Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I worry what you just heard was, ‘Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.’ What I said was, ‘Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.’ Do you understand?” — Ron
4. But he shares his breakfast food obsession with Leslie.
“We have to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles and work. Or waffles, friends, work. But work has to come third.” — Leslie
5. Again, everything that comes out of Andy's mouth is gold.
“I’m allergic to sushi. Every time I eat more than 80 pieces, I throw up." — Andy
6. Another great thing about this show is its plethora of Harry Potter references.
“I can’t believe we’re at Hogwarts!” — Andy
“No, that’s Buckingham Palace.” — Ben
7. Seriously, the Harry Potter references just keep going.
“You made me watch all eight Harry Potter movies. I don’t even like Harry Potter!” — Ann
“That’s insane! You love Harry Potter! You’ve seen all eight movies!” — Leslie
8. Including when Leslie is almost too sick to function, but insists on staying at work.
“I have to get ready for the Chamber of Secrets.” — Leslie
“Commerce.” — Ben
9. Leslie even references Harry Potter to demonstrate her hatred for Pawnee's rival town, Eagleton.
“I wonder who else was born in Eagleton. Voldemort probably.” — Leslie
10. Here, we have a conglomeration of all the creative, odd things Leslie loves to call her best friend, Ann.
"Ann, you beautiful
11. Last, but not least, one more example of Andy gold.
“Just remember, every time you look up at the moon, I too will be looking at the moon. Not the same moon, obviously. That’s impossible.” — Andy