Former BYU women's volleyball All-American Alexa Gray was named to Volleyball Canada's 2017 Women's National Team roster, the organization announced this week.Comment on this story
"With a nice mix of returning veterans and up-and-coming young athletes – our 2017 National Team is very promising," Volleyball Canada High Performance Director Julien Boucher said. "Following the largest women’s selection camp ever, our program will undoubtedly see a new beginning in its new training center in Richmond."
The women’s selection camp wrapped up on May 12, with head coach Marcello Abbondanza assigning Gray as one of 24 players (with three additional reserve players) to the National Team roster.
Rosters for specific events will be named at a later date. Visit the Volleyball Canada site for more program information.
2017 summer schedule (subject to change):
- June 12-14: Training with the U.S. Women's National Team (Anaheim, California)
- June 15-26: Pan Am Cup (Peru)
- July 7-9: FIVB World Grand Prix (Argentina)
- July 14-16: FIVB World Grand Prix (Puerto Rico)
- July 21-23: FIVB World Grand Prix (Richmond, BC, Canada)
- July 29-30: FIVB World Grand Prix Group 2 Finals (Czech Republic)
- October 7-15: NORCECA Continental Championship (Trinidad & Tobago)
Royce Hinton is the men's and women's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.