SALT LAKE CITY — The Family Prosperity Initiative, a collaborative effort between Salt Lake County Library and various other institutions, is holding a series of free classes titled “College and Me: How Can I Prepare to Attend College.”
The classes, open to teens and adults, will teach the basics of searching for scholarships and financial aid and ways to begin a college fund. The program is made possible by a grant from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority's Investor Education Foundation through Smart investing@your library, a partnership with the American Library Association.
The classes will be held at the following times and locations:
• Tuesday, Oct. 4, 7 p.m. Whitmore Library, 2197 Fort Union Blvd.
• Tuesday, Oct. 11, 7 p.m., Herriman Library, 5380 Herriman Rose Blvd.
• Thursday, Oct. 20, 6 p.m., Kearns Library, 5350 S. 4220 West.
• Tuesday, Nov. 29, 7 p.m., Sandy Library, 10100 Petunia Way.
• Tuesday, Dec. 6, 7 p.m., Riverton Library, 12877 S. 1830 West.
• Monday, Dec. 12, 6 p.m., Kearns Library, 5350 S. 4220 West. Class presented in Spanish.
For more information, log on to slcolibrary.org.