LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — A 55-year-old man was killed while skiing at Snowbird on Sunday.
The man, whose name was not immediately released pending notification of family, was skiing very fast down Chip's Face, a black diamond run, when he lost control, said Unified police detective Ken Hansen.
Snowbird spokesman Brian Brown said the man hit a tree at the bottom of the run. The skier was killed instantly, Hansen said.
"Snowbird extends their thoughts and prayers to the skier’s family," Brown said.
— Pat Reavy
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13