LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — A 55-year-old man was killed while skiing at Snowbird on Sunday.
The man, whose name was not immediately released pending notification of family, was skiing very fast down Chip's Face, a black diamond run, when he lost control, said Unified police detective Ken Hansen.
Snowbird spokesman Brian Brown said the man hit a tree at the bottom of the run. The skier was killed instantly, Hansen said.
"Snowbird extends their thoughts and prayers to the skier’s family," Brown said.
— Pat Reavy
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29