LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON — A 55-year-old man was killed while skiing at Snowbird on Sunday.
The man, whose name was not immediately released pending notification of family, was skiing very fast down Chip's Face, a black diamond run, when he lost control, said Unified police detective Ken Hansen.
Snowbird spokesman Brian Brown said the man hit a tree at the bottom of the run. The skier was killed instantly, Hansen said.
"Snowbird extends their thoughts and prayers to the skier’s family," Brown said.
— Pat Reavy
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 15
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9