WEST VALLEY CITY — A 57-year-old motorcyclist died Sunday from injuries he sustained in a crash.
About 4:20 p.m., a motorcycle rider heading west on 6200 South collided with a car at the Mountain View Corridor intersection (6400 West), said West Valley Police Lt. Dalan Taylor.
"From the accounts of all the witnesses on scene, it appears the motorcycle went through a red light and struck the passenger car broadside," he said.
The motorcyclist was taken by medical helicopter to a local hospital where he later died. The man's name was not immediately released. The 58-year-old woman driving the other vehicle was not injured.
Taylor said neither speed nor impaired driving appeared to be factors.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14