WEST VALLEY CITY — A 57-year-old motorcyclist died Sunday from injuries he sustained in a crash.
About 4:20 p.m., a motorcycle rider heading west on 6200 South collided with a car at the Mountain View Corridor intersection (6400 West), said West Valley Police Lt. Dalan Taylor.
"From the accounts of all the witnesses on scene, it appears the motorcycle went through a red light and struck the passenger car broadside," he said.
The motorcyclist was taken by medical helicopter to a local hospital where he later died. The man's name was not immediately released. The 58-year-old woman driving the other vehicle was not injured.
Taylor said neither speed nor impaired driving appeared to be factors.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Man, 18, arrested in stabbing death of West...
- Utah doctor convicted in wife's death appeals...
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Construction of new Farmington high school...
- New Youth Resource Center is a celebration of...
- Photos: Hartvigsen School honors 2016 graduates
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 104
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 9
- Salt Lake City Council allocates... 8