TAYLORSVILLE — A Utah man wanted for attempted murder was arrested Friday night in Las Vegas, police said.
Eliese Tupou Olive, 32, was arrested with the help of the U.S. Marshals Service, Unified police said.
Olive, of Salt Lake City, was charged with attempted murder last week in the beating and stabbing of a 19-year-old woman at a Taylorsville home Feb. 29.
Olive's friend, 34-year-old Jeffrey Rich Hanson, was also charged with attempted murder in the alleged attack. Hanson was arrested March 5 near 3300 South and 100 East after someone recognized him walking along the street, police said.
Olive and Hanson are also charged in the case with aggravated kidnapping, another first-degree felony, as well as other charges. The two men allegedly began attacking the woman in a dispute over property.
Unified police say Olive and Hanson tied the victim to a chair and beat her with a pool stick. Olive allegedly stabbed the woman multiple times.
The woman eventually escaped through a basement window and was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition, according to investigators. Her condition later improved.
Unified police didn't release further details Friday about Olive's arrest.
Olive was charged last November with drug distribution with the intent to distribute, and failure to stop or respond at the command of police. He was also recently charged with reckless endangerment, theft, three counts of drug possession, two counts of assault, and multiple other misdemeanors, court records show.
— Ben Lockhart
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 22