TAYLORSVILLE — A Utah man wanted for attempted murder was arrested Friday night in Las Vegas, police said.
Eliese Tupou Olive, 32, was arrested with the help of the U.S. Marshals Service, Unified police said.
Olive, of Salt Lake City, was charged with attempted murder last week in the beating and stabbing of a 19-year-old woman at a Taylorsville home Feb. 29.
Olive's friend, 34-year-old Jeffrey Rich Hanson, was also charged with attempted murder in the alleged attack. Hanson was arrested March 5 near 3300 South and 100 East after someone recognized him walking along the street, police said.
Olive and Hanson are also charged in the case with aggravated kidnapping, another first-degree felony, as well as other charges. The two men allegedly began attacking the woman in a dispute over property.
Unified police say Olive and Hanson tied the victim to a chair and beat her with a pool stick. Olive allegedly stabbed the woman multiple times.
The woman eventually escaped through a basement window and was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition, according to investigators. Her condition later improved.
Unified police didn't release further details Friday about Olive's arrest.
Olive was charged last November with drug distribution with the intent to distribute, and failure to stop or respond at the command of police. He was also recently charged with reckless endangerment, theft, three counts of drug possession, two counts of assault, and multiple other misdemeanors, court records show.
— Ben Lockhart
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah officials find no pesticide violation...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9