Police arrest 1 in Taylorsville stabbing incident, 1 still outstanding
TAYLORSVILLE — Police arrested one of two men they believe were involved in a stabbing incident earlier this week.
Jeffrey Rich Hanson, 34, was charged Thursday for his alleged involvement in the aggravated kidnapping and attempted murder of a 19-year-old female acquaintance, believed to have been a roommate of his.
Someone recognized Hanson walking along the street, near 3300 South and 100 East, and notified Unified police. He was taken into custody just before 8 p.m. Saturday without incident and has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
Still outstanding is an alleged accomplice, 32-year-old Eliese Tupou Olive, who has also been charged with the same first-degree felony counts. Police have asked for help in locating him, directing calls with information to Unified police detectives at 385-468-9812.
"We're so grateful to have Jeffrey Hanson off the streets right now," said Unified police Det. Chuck Malm, who said many resources have been spent on the case and to locate the two men. "We really want to get Mr. Olive off the streets."
He said Olive is believed to be armed and dangerous and should not be approached.
Police believe the two men allegedly bound, beat, stabbed and left the 19-year-old woman for dead at their place of residence on Monday. The woman escaped and made it to a neighboring home, where someone called police, according to documents filed in 3rd District Court on Thursday.
Hanson has an extensive criminal record and was last released from prison mid-February.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11