WEST VALLEY CITY — A "person of interest" in the homicide of a 21-year-old Herriman woman has been arrested, according to police.
West Valley City police spokeswoman Roxeanne Vainuku said the man was taken into custody in Denver on Sunday afternoon.
The woman, Hope Gabaldon, was discovered badly injured on the shoulder of 4000 West near 3150 South in West Valley City on Thursday, according to police.
Witnesses originally thought the woman had been injured in a hit-and-run, but police found a number of traumatic injuries and launched a homicide investigation.
A "white Hispanic male" was arrested at a home in Denver at approximately 3:30 p.m. Sunday, according to deputy U.S. marshal Dante Salazar.
Salazar said the U.S. Marshals Colorado Violent Offender Task Force and Denver Police Department made the arrest.
The man was booked into the Denver County Jail by police and is expected to face extradition back to Utah, according to Salazar.
Officials did not release the man's name Sunday.
— Daphne Chen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7