WEST VALLEY CITY — A "person of interest" in the homicide of a 21-year-old Herriman woman has been arrested, according to police.
West Valley City police spokeswoman Roxeanne Vainuku said the man was taken into custody in Denver on Sunday afternoon.
The woman, Hope Gabaldon, was discovered badly injured on the shoulder of 4000 West near 3150 South in West Valley City on Thursday, according to police.
Witnesses originally thought the woman had been injured in a hit-and-run, but police found a number of traumatic injuries and launched a homicide investigation.
A "white Hispanic male" was arrested at a home in Denver at approximately 3:30 p.m. Sunday, according to deputy U.S. marshal Dante Salazar.
Salazar said the U.S. Marshals Colorado Violent Offender Task Force and Denver Police Department made the arrest.
The man was booked into the Denver County Jail by police and is expected to face extradition back to Utah, according to Salazar.
Officials did not release the man's name Sunday.
— Daphne Chen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26