Adobe stock photo
SOUTH JORDAN — A Riverton man was charged Friday in an alleged sexual encounter that police say he initiated with a 14-year-old boy immediately after the two happened upon each other in a sauna at a South Jordan gym.
Brynnen Douglas Green, 27, is charged in 3rd District Court with unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a third-degree felon;, sexual abuse of a minor, a class A misdemeanor; and lewdness, a class B misdemeanor.
Green was already in the sauna at Life Time Fitness, 10996 S. River Front Parkway, when the teenager entered the room on Feb. 14, according to his charges. Green exposed himself to the boy, performed a sexual act on himself and then "beckoned (him) to come over and sit by him," court documents say.
Green then allegedly removed the teenager's towel and performed multiple sexual acts on him.
South Jordan Police Lt. Matt Pennington confirmed Friday that investigators don't believe Green met the boy beforehand or arranged to meet him at the gym.
Green pleaded guilty in 2010 to two reduced, class A misdemeanor charges for attempted drug possession, court records show. His criminal history in Utah also includes several misdemeanor traffic offenses.
A warrant for Green's arrest was issued Friday.
— Ben Lockhart
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7