OGDEN — Police say a fugitive pursued by Ogden police officers sped into oncoming traffic, even after the chase was called off, bailed from his moving car and ran into an unoccupied house to avoid apprehension.
The man was caught hiding in the 2300 block of Jefferson Avenue and booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of multiple offenses, including evading and interfering with arrest.
The incident began at 3:24 p.m. Sunday after an officer attempted to stop a vehicle for speeding. The motorist began driving erratically and into oncoming traffic so the officer called off the pursuit.
When the fleeing motorist continued to drive into oncoming traffic, police began the pursuit again due to the severe risk to the public, according to a press release. At one point, the man threw a firearm out the window.
In the 2300 block of Madison Avenue, the man jumped out of the moving vehicle, which crashed into a fence. The man fled into an unoccupied home and was later apprehended hiding in the 2300 block of Jefferson Avenue.
Police arrested Augustine Sue, 28, and booked him into the Weber County Jail.
— Amy Joi O'Donoghue
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: amyjoi16
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8