OGDEN — Police say a fugitive pursued by Ogden police officers sped into oncoming traffic, even after the chase was called off, bailed from his moving car and ran into an unoccupied house to avoid apprehension.
The man was caught hiding in the 2300 block of Jefferson Avenue and booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of multiple offenses, including evading and interfering with arrest.
The incident began at 3:24 p.m. Sunday after an officer attempted to stop a vehicle for speeding. The motorist began driving erratically and into oncoming traffic so the officer called off the pursuit.
When the fleeing motorist continued to drive into oncoming traffic, police began the pursuit again due to the severe risk to the public, according to a press release. At one point, the man threw a firearm out the window.
In the 2300 block of Madison Avenue, the man jumped out of the moving vehicle, which crashed into a fence. The man fled into an unoccupied home and was later apprehended hiding in the 2300 block of Jefferson Avenue.
Police arrested Augustine Sue, 28, and booked him into the Weber County Jail.
— Amy Joi O'Donoghue
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8