OGDEN — Police say a fugitive pursued by Ogden police officers sped into oncoming traffic, even after the chase was called off, bailed from his moving car and ran into an unoccupied house to avoid apprehension.
The man was caught hiding in the 2300 block of Jefferson Avenue and booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of multiple offenses, including evading and interfering with arrest.
The incident began at 3:24 p.m. Sunday after an officer attempted to stop a vehicle for speeding. The motorist began driving erratically and into oncoming traffic so the officer called off the pursuit.
When the fleeing motorist continued to drive into oncoming traffic, police began the pursuit again due to the severe risk to the public, according to a press release. At one point, the man threw a firearm out the window.
In the 2300 block of Madison Avenue, the man jumped out of the moving vehicle, which crashed into a fence. The man fled into an unoccupied home and was later apprehended hiding in the 2300 block of Jefferson Avenue.
Police arrested Augustine Sue, 28, and booked him into the Weber County Jail.
— Amy Joi O'Donoghue
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: amyjoi16
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- GOP gubernatorial candidate Jonathan Johnson...
- Ex-polygamous sect members buying homes in...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 61
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 28
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25