Nicole Vowell, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — One man was killed and two others were found critically injured inside an SUV in a shooting Thursday evening, police said.
The shooting occurred around 8 p.m. in front of 325 E. Park Creek Lane (3060 South), South Salt Lake Police Sgt. Gary Keller said.
The three victims are in their late teens or early 20s, Keller said. The fatal shooting victim had crawled out of the back of a Ford SUV before dying in the street, the sergeant said. The others were found injured inside the vehicle.
Keller couldn't confirm whether any suspects or suspect vehicles were at large. Nobody was in police custody as of 10 p.m. in connection with the shooting, he said.
Keller said it is wasn't apparent Thursday night whether the shots were fired from inside or outside the SUV.
The name of the fatal shooting victim was not immediately released. The two other victims were taken to a nearby hospital and were in surgery Thursday night, Keller said.
The SUV is registered out of Salt Lake City, Keller said. A passenger vehicle was also being investigated at the scene, but police didn't say exactly how it was connected to the shooting.
Keller said it was too early in the investigation Thursday night to identify a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information about what may have happened is asked to call South Salt Lake police at 801-412-3606.
Contributing: Nicole Vowell, Brianna Bodily
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of...
- Mirror Lake Shoreline Trail closed through...
- I-15 in Weber County to close Wednesday,...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15