Nicole Vowell, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — One man was killed and two others were found critically injured inside an SUV in a shooting Thursday evening, police said.
The shooting occurred around 8 p.m. in front of 325 E. Park Creek Lane (3060 South), South Salt Lake Police Sgt. Gary Keller said.
The three victims are in their late teens or early 20s, Keller said. The fatal shooting victim had crawled out of the back of a Ford SUV before dying in the street, the sergeant said. The others were found injured inside the vehicle.
Keller couldn't confirm whether any suspects or suspect vehicles were at large. Nobody was in police custody as of 10 p.m. in connection with the shooting, he said.
Keller said it is wasn't apparent Thursday night whether the shots were fired from inside or outside the SUV.
The name of the fatal shooting victim was not immediately released. The two other victims were taken to a nearby hospital and were in surgery Thursday night, Keller said.
The SUV is registered out of Salt Lake City, Keller said. A passenger vehicle was also being investigated at the scene, but police didn't say exactly how it was connected to the shooting.
Keller said it was too early in the investigation Thursday night to identify a motive for the shooting.
Anyone with information about what may have happened is asked to call South Salt Lake police at 801-412-3606.
Contributing: Nicole Vowell, Brianna Bodily
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 56
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17