Elderly man hit, killed after chasing dog into Sandy street
SANDY — An elderly Sandy man was struck and killed by an SUV after he chased his dog into the street Friday evening, police said.
The 90-year-old man was hit about 7:45 p.m. on 10600 South near 300 East, according to Sandy police. He died at the scene.
The man was not in a crosswalk when he was hit, Sandy Police Lt. Jon Arnold said.
The driver of the SUV, a man in his 30s, did not initially appear to be at fault, but the investigation was ongoing Friday night, Arnold said. The man was driving west on 10600 South at the time.
The name of the man who was killed was not immediately released. His dog was not hit by the SUV, Arnold said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23