Dispatchers say bystanders lifted vehicle off crash victim in Kearns
KEARNS — Bystanders helped lift a vehicle off a victim Monday night after he crashed into a cement barrier, police dispatchers confirmed.
The crash occurred near 4700 South and 4000 West around 8:30 p.m., according to police. Bystanders came to the aid of a man who was partially ejected in the crash and was unconscious, dispatchers said.
Unified Police Lt. Lex Bell said the man was driving at a high rate of speed along 4700 South when he hit a barrier, causing his vehicle to roll into a canal.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital in serious condition, Bell said. The lieutenant didn't immediately have any details about dispatchers' confirmation that bystanders assisted the victim at the scene of the crash.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 80
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26