Dispatchers say bystanders lifted vehicle off crash victim in Kearns
KEARNS — Bystanders helped lift a vehicle off a victim Monday night after he crashed into a cement barrier, police dispatchers confirmed.
The crash occurred near 4700 South and 4000 West around 8:30 p.m., according to police. Bystanders came to the aid of a man who was partially ejected in the crash and was unconscious, dispatchers said.
Unified Police Lt. Lex Bell said the man was driving at a high rate of speed along 4700 South when he hit a barrier, causing his vehicle to roll into a canal.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital in serious condition, Bell said. The lieutenant didn't immediately have any details about dispatchers' confirmation that bystanders assisted the victim at the scene of the crash.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Pure joy: Special needs students vie for the...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12