RootsTech, Family Discovery Day sessions to be streamed online
Provided by FamilySearch.org
SALT LAKE CITY — Fifteen RootsTech sessions will be broadcast live during the conference this Thursday through Saturday at RootsTech.org, according to a news release. Several of Saturday's Family Discovery Day sessions will be broadcast live on lds.org.
The streamed RootsTech sessions include the general sessions and a sampling of technology and family history presentations, according to the press release. All times are Mountain Standard Time.
On Thursday, the streamed sessions will include: general session by Stephen T. Rockwood, Paula Madison and Bruce Feiler at 8:30-10 a.m.; “7 Unique Technologies for Genealogy Discoveries” by Mike Mansfield at 11 a.m.-noon; “The Best Websites and Apps” by Amy Crow at 1:30-2:30 p.m.; “What’s New in Family Tree for 2016” by Ron Tanner at 3-4 p.m.; and “Virtual Family Reunions” by Joseph Richardson at 4:30-5:30 p.m.
On Friday, the streamed sessions will include: general session by Josh and Naomi Davis, as well as David Isay at 8:30-10 a.m.; “Innovator Showdown” at 10:30-11:30 a.m.; “Proven Methodology for Using Google for Genealogy” by Lisa Louise Cook at 1:30-2:30 p.m.; “Finding Elusive Records on FamilySearch.org.” by Robert Kehrer at 3-4 p.m.; “My Ancestors are from Britain — What Do I Do Next?” by Myko Clelland at 4:30-5:30 p.m.
On Saturday, the streamed sessions will include: general session by Michael Leavitt at 8:30-10 a.m.; “Photos — Emerging Technologies in Photography” by Jens Nielsen at 11 a.m.-noon; “Become a Master Searcher on Ancestry” by Anne Mitchell at 1:30-2:30 p.m.; “Homespun and Calico: Researching our Foremothers” by Peggy Lauritzen at 3-4 p.m.; “5 steps to Identify a Family Photo” by Maureen Taylor at 4:30-5:30 p.m.
See rootstech.org/streaming-schedule for information.
Saturday’s Family Discovery Day sessions will be “RootsTech Family Discovery Day Opening Session” by Elder Dale G. Renlund of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his wife, Sister Ruth L. Renlund, and daughter, Ashley Renlund, from 1-1:45 p.m.; “Family History Discussion” by Sheri L. Dew, Desert Book CEO, and Sister Wendy W. Nelson, wife of President Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, at 2-2:45 p.m.; “RootsTech Family Discovery Day Family Session” by Sister Rosemary M. Wixom, general Primary president, and Brother Stephen W. Owen, general Young Men president, at 3:15-3:45 p.m.; “RootsTech Family Discovery Day Youth and Family Session” by football players Taysom Hill and Britain Covey at 4:15-4:45 p.m.
Select sessions of the Family Discovery Day, which is targeted at members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will be translated into Spanish, French and Portuguese. See lds.org for information.
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go' players
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at Republican...
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this...
- 5 diverse appeals to God that were just made...
- What's new: 'By the Voice of My Servants'...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 31
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 25
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go'... 9