Notre Dame tight end Tyler Luatua transferring to BYU
Rick Scuteri, Associated Press
BYU's offense got a boost one day before National Signing Day, as former Notre Dame tight end Tyler Luatua announced via Twitter on Tuesday that he will transfer to the Provo school.
Want thank ND and the coaches for giving me the opportunity to play here! Excited to announce that I will transfer to BYU in the Fall! #BYU— Tyler Luatua (@Luatua13) February 2, 2016
Per NCAA transfer rules, Luatua must sit out the 2016 season. He will have two seasons to play two, starting with the 2017 season.
Notre Dame announced Monday that Luatua would transfer following the completion of the school's 2016 spring semester. Luatua visited BYU's campus last weekend at the same time several high school recruits were on official visits.
Had a great time in Provo!— Tyler Luatua (@Luatua13) January 31, 2016
Luatua, from La Mirada, California, played mainly as a blocker in his two seasons with the Fighting Irish and started three games. He did not have any receptions for Notre Dame.
He was a part of the Fighting Irish's 2014 recruiting class and was rated a four-star tight end recruit by ESPN, coming in at No. 107 in ESPN's Top 300 recruits that year.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18