Notre Dame tight end Tyler Luatua transferring to BYU
Rick Scuteri, Associated Press
BYU's offense got a boost one day before National Signing Day, as former Notre Dame tight end Tyler Luatua announced via Twitter on Tuesday that he will transfer to the Provo school.
Want thank ND and the coaches for giving me the opportunity to play here! Excited to announce that I will transfer to BYU in the Fall! #BYU— Tyler Luatua (@Luatua13) February 2, 2016
Per NCAA transfer rules, Luatua must sit out the 2016 season. He will have two seasons to play two, starting with the 2017 season.
Notre Dame announced Monday that Luatua would transfer following the completion of the school's 2016 spring semester. Luatua visited BYU's campus last weekend at the same time several high school recruits were on official visits.
Had a great time in Provo!— Tyler Luatua (@Luatua13) January 31, 2016
Luatua, from La Mirada, California, played mainly as a blocker in his two seasons with the Fighting Irish and started three games. He did not have any receptions for Notre Dame.
He was a part of the Fighting Irish's 2014 recruiting class and was rated a four-star tight end recruit by ESPN, coming in at No. 107 in ESPN's Top 300 recruits that year.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 71
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 26
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14