Sascha Burkard, Getty Images/iStockphoto
WEST VALLEY CITY — An 18-year-old man was accidentally shot after meeting up with a girl he met online.
The meeting was planned at an apartment complex near 3200 W. 3600 South. When the man arrived, he saw the woman there with another man, and both got into the man's car, said West Valley Police Lt. Dalan Taylor.
The man who was with the woman pulled a gun on the other man and robbed him, but a struggle ensued when the victim was trying to get the gun, Taylor said. The gun discharged a bullet during the struggle, and it grazed the victim's head.
Taylor said the man and woman ran from the car were still at large Saturday night.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital with minor injuries.
— Wendy Leonard
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21