Sascha Burkard, Getty Images/iStockphoto
WEST VALLEY CITY — An 18-year-old man was accidentally shot after meeting up with a girl he met online.
The meeting was planned at an apartment complex near 3200 W. 3600 South. When the man arrived, he saw the woman there with another man, and both got into the man's car, said West Valley Police Lt. Dalan Taylor.
The man who was with the woman pulled a gun on the other man and robbed him, but a struggle ensued when the victim was trying to get the gun, Taylor said. The gun discharged a bullet during the struggle, and it grazed the victim's head.
Taylor said the man and woman ran from the car were still at large Saturday night.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital with minor injuries.
— Wendy Leonard
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13