The Clean Cut: 2 LDS contestants sing One Direction song together on ‘American Idol’
Two members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints performed together during the Thursday night group round on “American Idol.”
Jenn Blosil and Bri Ray, who both have ties to Orem, Utah, joined two other women to form the group Milk and Cookies. A YouTube video shows the group performing One Direction’s “Drag Me Down.”
“This room is about taking risks, especially now,” judge Harry Connick Jr. said after the group's performance. “Some of the risks were not as good as others. I don’t care about that. You’re four very talented young women.”
Keith Urban, another one of the judges, announced that all four members will move on to the next round of the competition.
Ray and Blosil are not the only LDS Church members on the final season of "American Idol."
John Wayne Schulz, who served as a missionary in Omaha, Nebraska, confirmed on his Facebook page that he also made it through to the next round after someone asked him if he had.
Madilyn Paige, from Provo, Utah, shared on her Facebook page that she will not be moving on.
To learn more about the LDS contestants on the 15th and final season of "American Idol," check out these articles.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Lindsey Williams writes for the the Faith and Family sections of DeseretNews.com
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- BYU Museum of Art honors National Park...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Book review: 3 recent books share aspects of...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 19
- Wright Words: What I learned from Machu... 4
- After 8 years with no 'true increase'... 3
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 3
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's... 2
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 1