The Clean Cut: 2 LDS contestants sing One Direction song together on ‘American Idol’
Two members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints performed together during the Thursday night group round on “American Idol.”
Jenn Blosil and Bri Ray, who both have ties to Orem, Utah, joined two other women to form the group Milk and Cookies. A YouTube video shows the group performing One Direction’s “Drag Me Down.”
“This room is about taking risks, especially now,” judge Harry Connick Jr. said after the group's performance. “Some of the risks were not as good as others. I don’t care about that. You’re four very talented young women.”
Keith Urban, another one of the judges, announced that all four members will move on to the next round of the competition.
Ray and Blosil are not the only LDS Church members on the final season of "American Idol."
John Wayne Schulz, who served as a missionary in Omaha, Nebraska, confirmed on his Facebook page that he also made it through to the next round after someone asked him if he had.
Madilyn Paige, from Provo, Utah, shared on her Facebook page that she will not be moving on.
To learn more about the LDS contestants on the 15th and final season of "American Idol," check out these articles.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Lindsey Williams writes for the the Faith and Family sections of DeseretNews.com
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- To B12 or not to B12?
- UTubers: Jimmer Fredette, wife and fans make...
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a special...
- Video game adaptation 'Angry Birds Movie'...
- 13-year-old Sandy girl waiting for heart...
- #BrightonADay: Utah family copes with...
- 'Floating down the Mississippi': 'Big River'...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- Erin Stewart: The cry-it-out method:... 8
- Mom's 'happy Chewbacca' video shatters... 6
- To B12 or not to B12? 5
- UTubers: Jimmer Fredette, wife and fans... 5
- 13-year-old Sandy girl waiting for... 2
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a... 1