SALT LAKE CITY — Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and the Sorenson Center for Discovery & Innovation at the University of Utah has launched an initiative to help develop games and applications that address the needs of overcoming chronic diseases.
Regence’s Chronic Disease Challenge is one of five sponsored challenges featured in the Games4Health Challenge, a digital game competition. Regence will provide $10,000 in prizes for the development of concepts for digital games that seek to improve and encourage better management of chronic disease.
Entrants are asked submit new games and app designs in two videos: a 90-second teaser video to provide the emotional connection to the new game or app, and a 3-minute commercialization video to show how the game mechanics and navigation work, how it will make money, and how it will be tested to demonstrate its health care benefits.
“Helping our members avoid the onset of chronic disease and meaningfully assisting those already dealing with these conditions are priorities for us,” Jennifer Danielson, president of Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah, said in a statement. “Appealing, highly interactive health management technology that makes it easier for people to take care of themselves can do so much to improve quality of life. That’s why we’re so excited to be able to support this competition and unleash these students’ creativity.”
Registration is open through March 1 at G4H.Eccles.Utah.edu. The challenge will be held March 31 at the U.’s David Eccles School of Business. Last year, 150 students from 10 universities and four countries participated in the challenge to win $50,000 in prize money.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 27
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 27
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 20