The Clean Cut: 3-year-old Utah girl sings 'Part of Your World' from 'The Little Mermaid'
A Utah father found a creative way to spend time with his daughter by filming her doing what she loves — singing.
Claire Crosby, 3, made her YouTube debut on Jan. 9 singing “Part of Your World,” from the 1989 Disney film “The Little Mermaid.”
Her father, Dave Crosby, came up with the idea one day when he was paying for an oil change. He turned around and noticed Claire singing songs from “The Little Mermaid,” and the other customers had pulled out their cellphones to record her.
“I knew I needed to catch it more formally on video to share it,” Crosby told the Deseret News.
Over the holidays, Crosby recorded his daughter singing “Part of Your World."
Apart from helping Claire correct some of the words she had mixed up, Crosby gave his daughter very little coaching. Originally she sang the phrase, “What’s a fire, and why does it — what's the word?” as “What’s a spider, and why does it — what's the word?”
“She insisted it was a spider, but I had her listen to it closely until she believed me,” Crosby said. “So I helped her fix a few of those parts but very little.”
According to Crosby, more videos will be released in the future.
“I thought starting a YouTube channel with her would be something that we could do together to kind of get away from the craziness of everyday life,” Crosby said. “She says she wants to do ‘Let It Go’ from ‘Frozen’ next, but that one is already so overdone. I am trying to talk her out of it. We will have to see who wins that argument.”
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Lindsey Williams writes for the the Faith and Family sections of DeseretNews.com
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I keep...
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your marriage?
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah delegation...
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also a...
- The Clean Cut: Babies dress up as famous 'old...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Young Magna girl struggles to find her voice
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 74
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I... 33
- Meet the retired nurse who pays women... 18
- Disney 'princess culture' may not be... 12
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 11
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 8
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your... 7