Price City Police Department
PRICE — Police raided what they called an "illegal drug den" Saturday, reporting that they found drugs and drug paraphernalia — some of it near and beneath children's toys — and nearly $15,000 in cash.
The raid was the culmination of months of investigation into alleged drug activity at 390 N. 100 East in Price, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
At 4:30 a.m. Saturday, the Carbon County Sheriff's Office SWAT team entered the house with a search warrant and took Thomas Albert Sanchez, 31, into custody. Sanchez's girlfriend, Sheena Lee Brimhall, 21, was also arrested. Both were booked into the Carbon County Jail for investigation of "a variety of felony level drug and weapons charges," Barnes said.
Inside, police said they found methamphetamine, marijuana, heroin, psychotropic mushrooms and anabolic steroids. Barnes said Sanchez kept a "substantial load" of narcotics in a "secret hiding place" that a deputy located.
The heroin and meth found in Sanchez's home has an approximate street value of nearly $46,000, Barnes said.
In addition to the cash, drugs and drug paraphernalia, officers also recovered six firearms, "stashes" of ammunition and transaction records, he said.
Sanchez has two prior arrests and Brimhall has none, according to police.
"When reports are completed, the agents will be applying to have the money and the residence forfeited as illegal narcotics activity assets," the captain said.
— Daphne Chen
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 14
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12