Price City Police Department
PRICE — Police raided what they called an "illegal drug den" Saturday, reporting that they found drugs and drug paraphernalia — some of it near and beneath children's toys — and nearly $15,000 in cash.
The raid was the culmination of months of investigation into alleged drug activity at 390 N. 100 East in Price, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
At 4:30 a.m. Saturday, the Carbon County Sheriff's Office SWAT team entered the house with a search warrant and took Thomas Albert Sanchez, 31, into custody. Sanchez's girlfriend, Sheena Lee Brimhall, 21, was also arrested. Both were booked into the Carbon County Jail for investigation of "a variety of felony level drug and weapons charges," Barnes said.
Inside, police said they found methamphetamine, marijuana, heroin, psychotropic mushrooms and anabolic steroids. Barnes said Sanchez kept a "substantial load" of narcotics in a "secret hiding place" that a deputy located.
The heroin and meth found in Sanchez's home has an approximate street value of nearly $46,000, Barnes said.
In addition to the cash, drugs and drug paraphernalia, officers also recovered six firearms, "stashes" of ammunition and transaction records, he said.
Sanchez has two prior arrests and Brimhall has none, according to police.
"When reports are completed, the agents will be applying to have the money and the residence forfeited as illegal narcotics activity assets," the captain said.
— Daphne Chen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8