Price City Police Department
PRICE — Police raided what they called an "illegal drug den" Saturday, reporting that they found drugs and drug paraphernalia — some of it near and beneath children's toys — and nearly $15,000 in cash.
The raid was the culmination of months of investigation into alleged drug activity at 390 N. 100 East in Price, according to Price Police Capt. Bill Barnes.
At 4:30 a.m. Saturday, the Carbon County Sheriff's Office SWAT team entered the house with a search warrant and took Thomas Albert Sanchez, 31, into custody. Sanchez's girlfriend, Sheena Lee Brimhall, 21, was also arrested. Both were booked into the Carbon County Jail for investigation of "a variety of felony level drug and weapons charges," Barnes said.
Inside, police said they found methamphetamine, marijuana, heroin, psychotropic mushrooms and anabolic steroids. Barnes said Sanchez kept a "substantial load" of narcotics in a "secret hiding place" that a deputy located.
The heroin and meth found in Sanchez's home has an approximate street value of nearly $46,000, Barnes said.
In addition to the cash, drugs and drug paraphernalia, officers also recovered six firearms, "stashes" of ammunition and transaction records, he said.
Sanchez has two prior arrests and Brimhall has none, according to police.
"When reports are completed, the agents will be applying to have the money and the residence forfeited as illegal narcotics activity assets," the captain said.
— Daphne Chen
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- Police arrest married couple allegedly...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 62
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25