LAYTON — Love hurts.
That's true for a woman after she was stabbed by another woman in Layton on Sunday over a "love triangle" conflict, according to police.
About 2:45 p.m., a 37-year-old woman arrived with a friend at the Stonehedge Apartments, 221 N. Fairfield Road, to confront Traci Sanchez, 40, who lived in one of the apartments. The two women got into an argument, which led them outside, according to Layton Police Lt. Travis Lyman.
"That argument turned into a physical fight over a love triangle that they're involved in," Lyman said. "During the course of that physical fight that happened just outside the office area of that apartment complex on the sidewalk, (Sanchez) actually stabbed our victim twice in the abdomen with a folding knife."
The victim retreated to her friends car, and her friend drove her to Davis Hospital, where she was treated for injuries that were not life-threatening. The victim has since been released from the hospital, Lyman said.
Police were looking for Sanchez, who also left the apartments after the fight. Witnesses say she drove away in a beige 1991 Buick Riviera, with a license plate number of Y478EC. Sanchez was last seen wearing light-colored jeans and a red shirt.
"We're trying to locate her and are asking for the public's help in doing that," Lyman said. "It was outside, so there potentially could have been a lot of different people who saw it." Anyone with information can call Layton Police at 801-497-8300.
A search of court records shows Sanchez has pleaded guilty to a collection of criminal charges dating back to 1995, including disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, use or possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful purchase of alcohol by a minor and simple assault.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: MorganEJacobsen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29