LAYTON — Love hurts.
That's true for a woman after she was stabbed by another woman in Layton on Sunday over a "love triangle" conflict, according to police.
About 2:45 p.m., a 37-year-old woman arrived with a friend at the Stonehedge Apartments, 221 N. Fairfield Road, to confront Traci Sanchez, 40, who lived in one of the apartments. The two women got into an argument, which led them outside, according to Layton Police Lt. Travis Lyman.
"That argument turned into a physical fight over a love triangle that they're involved in," Lyman said. "During the course of that physical fight that happened just outside the office area of that apartment complex on the sidewalk, (Sanchez) actually stabbed our victim twice in the abdomen with a folding knife."
The victim retreated to her friends car, and her friend drove her to Davis Hospital, where she was treated for injuries that were not life-threatening. The victim has since been released from the hospital, Lyman said.
Police were looking for Sanchez, who also left the apartments after the fight. Witnesses say she drove away in a beige 1991 Buick Riviera, with a license plate number of Y478EC. Sanchez was last seen wearing light-colored jeans and a red shirt.
"We're trying to locate her and are asking for the public's help in doing that," Lyman said. "It was outside, so there potentially could have been a lot of different people who saw it." Anyone with information can call Layton Police at 801-497-8300.
A search of court records shows Sanchez has pleaded guilty to a collection of criminal charges dating back to 1995, including disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, use or possession of drug paraphernalia, unlawful purchase of alcohol by a minor and simple assault.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: MorganEJacobsen
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Utah STEM Action Center establishes...
- Tyler Library to reopen June 11
- Murray man arrested in Holladay killing...
- Utah Fraternal Order of Police endorses Gov....
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 106
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9