PROVO — The Provo City School District will host a series of open houses over the next two months to present information and answer questions about a proposed $108 million bond initiative for rebuilding five Provo schools.
All Provo residents are invited to attend a Bond Information Night. Open houses begin at 7 p.m.
The bond would pay for the reconstruction of Rock Canyon Elementary School, Edgemont Elementary School, Sunset View Elementary School, Provost Elementary School and Provo High School. It will appear on the November election ballot.
September meetings will be held Wednesday, Sept. 10, at Wasatch Elementary; Tuesday, Sept. 16, at Amelia Earhart Elementary; Wednesday, Sept. 17, at Rock Canyon Elementary (with a tour of the building beginning at 6:30 p.m.); Thursday, Sept. 18, at Timpanogos Elementary; and Tuesday, Sept. 30, at Canyon Crest Elementary.
October meetings will be heldWednesday, Oct. 1 at Provo High School (building tour at 6:30 p.m.); Thursday, Oct. 2, at Franklin Elementary; Tuesday, Oct. 7, at Provost Elementary (building tour at 6:30 p.m.); Wednesday, Oct. 8, at Provo Peaks Elementary; Thursday, Oct. 9, at Lakeview Elementary; Tuesday, Oct. 21, at Dixon Elementary; Thursday, Oct. 23, at Edgemont Elementary (building tour at 6:30 p.m.); Tuesday, Oct. 28, at Sunset View Elementary (building tour at 6:30 p.m.); and Thursday, Oct. 30, at Timpview High.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 88
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18