Trial set for Emery County man accused of shooting wife
, Emery County Jail
CASTLE DALE — A three-day jury trial has been set in the attempted murder case against an Emery County man accused of shooting his wife during a domestic dispute.
Chad Robert Snyder waived his right to a preliminary hearing Wednesday in 7th District Court. Judge George Harmond set a jury trial for Oct. 29-31.
Snyder, 36, is charged with attempted murder, a first-degree felony, and two counts of possession or use of a firearm by restricted person, a third-degree felony.
Snyder and his wife, 33-year-old Misty Snyder, were in the backyard of their Huntington home on June 29 when he shot her with an assault rifle, according to the Emery County Sheriff's Office.
The bullet hit Misty Snyder in the arm and traveled through her upper body, causing numerous internal injuries that required multiple surgeries, sheriff's spokeswoman Janalee Luke has said.
In 2004, Chad Snyder was found guilty of felony drug distribution, court records show. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail in 2006 for conviction of reckless driving, which was reduced from DUI.
Snyder took a plea in abeyance in 2008 in Emery County Justice Court to misdemeanor assault in a domestic violence-related case, according to court records. He was ordered to undergo domestic violence counseling at that time.
Snyder was also found guilty of DUI and driving on a suspended license in 2011 and sentenced to 14 days in jail. In 2012, he was convicted of unlawful purchase of alcohol by an interdicted person, a class B misdemeanor. He was placed on probation and ordered to wear an ankle monitor for five months, court records show.
Snyder remains in the Emery County Jail, where he is being held without bail.
- Video: Man uses 'random acts of pasta' to...
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- Warrant reveals new details into BYU soap or...
- A new way to love: Spouses become caregivers...
- Shoppers skip turkey for a shot at...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- In NYT column, Arthur C. Brooks discusses BYU...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 71
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 38
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 28
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law... 27
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for... 27
- Students dress in Sunday best to honor... 18