With or without separation of church and state, the state’s interest in marriage has never been about individual rights and privileges. It was about the most sacred of responsibilities. And governments of all kinds wisely chose to protect the family as the creator and incubator of future generations by promoting the fully committed union of a man and a woman. Gender and gender differences matter, especially to children. Mothers and fathers are not interchangeable, which is why changing the definition of marriage is like trying to change the chemical composition of water. It may seem more egalitarian, diverse or tolerant, but it won’t be life-sustaining H2O.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 30
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 17
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14