Texas looking to slow down BYU quarterback Hill this time
After that game, BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall said he expects Hill to only get better as the season progresses.
“Taysom’s management of the game was so clean and poised and confident that it was fun to see,” he said. “The focus has been not only to make great decisions at the line of scrimmage, with delivering the ball in the run game, but where he’s delivering the ball and to whom in terms of distribution in the pass game. It’s a huge step that way. I expect a continuation of that with consistency through the rest of the year. When we do that, we’ll be difficult to beat.”
Hill is quick to credit his teammates for the offensive improvement.
“The chemistry is higher. Our offense, I would say, is clicking on all cylinders,” he said. “This year, it starts up front. We have a lot of trust in our front five, those linemen. Their mindset is, they’re going to protect me. I love playing with those guys.”
While BYU offensive coordinator Robert Anae said Hill’s performance last week was “a good start for him,” he emphasized that Saturday's game is not all about Hill.
“One guy never does make a team. To me, it’s our team against their team,” he said. “Your quarterback looks better when the guys around him are better. That showed (last week). Hopefully, we continue to grow as an offense. We grew as a team last year against Texas. I hope to do so this year as well.”
Meanwhile, the Eyes of Texas are fixed on Taysom Hill.
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 19
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Doug Robinson: Principals give era of... 6