Texas looking to slow down BYU quarterback Hill this time
After that game, BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall said he expects Hill to only get better as the season progresses.
“Taysom’s management of the game was so clean and poised and confident that it was fun to see,” he said. “The focus has been not only to make great decisions at the line of scrimmage, with delivering the ball in the run game, but where he’s delivering the ball and to whom in terms of distribution in the pass game. It’s a huge step that way. I expect a continuation of that with consistency through the rest of the year. When we do that, we’ll be difficult to beat.”
Hill is quick to credit his teammates for the offensive improvement.
“The chemistry is higher. Our offense, I would say, is clicking on all cylinders,” he said. “This year, it starts up front. We have a lot of trust in our front five, those linemen. Their mindset is, they’re going to protect me. I love playing with those guys.”
While BYU offensive coordinator Robert Anae said Hill’s performance last week was “a good start for him,” he emphasized that Saturday's game is not all about Hill.
“One guy never does make a team. To me, it’s our team against their team,” he said. “Your quarterback looks better when the guys around him are better. That showed (last week). Hopefully, we continue to grow as an offense. We grew as a team last year against Texas. I hope to do so this year as well.”
Meanwhile, the Eyes of Texas are fixed on Taysom Hill.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 29
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20