Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
MANILA, Daggett County — Divers continued searching at Flaming Gorge Reservoir Tuesday for a Riverton man who disappeared when his boat capsized Monday.
Charles Darrell Thomas, 69, and his girlfriend, 62, were in a small motorized boat Monday afternoon when it capsized. The woman was able to swim to shore with the help of a seat cushion she used as a flotation device. She then walked up a hill into a nearby camp to get help, said Daggett County sheriff's spokeswoman Susie Potter.
Wind gusts at the time made the water choppy and the conditions difficult, she said. Some debris washed up on the shore during the day but no other signs of Thomas were found.
Divers from the Uintah County Sheriff's Office and the Sweetwater County Sheriff's Office in Wyoming as well as the Utah Department of Public Safety were assisting with the search.
Crews were expected to continue searching until after dark and resume their efforts Wednesday morning, Potter said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 25
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 24
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 20