Alex Cabrero, Deseret News
MANILA, Daggett County — Divers continued searching at Flaming Gorge Reservoir Tuesday for a Riverton man who disappeared when his boat capsized Monday.
Charles Darrell Thomas, 69, and his girlfriend, 62, were in a small motorized boat Monday afternoon when it capsized. The woman was able to swim to shore with the help of a seat cushion she used as a flotation device. She then walked up a hill into a nearby camp to get help, said Daggett County sheriff's spokeswoman Susie Potter.
Wind gusts at the time made the water choppy and the conditions difficult, she said. Some debris washed up on the shore during the day but no other signs of Thomas were found.
Divers from the Uintah County Sheriff's Office and the Sweetwater County Sheriff's Office in Wyoming as well as the Utah Department of Public Safety were assisting with the search.
Crews were expected to continue searching until after dark and resume their efforts Wednesday morning, Potter said.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16