SNOWBASIN — A Clearfield woman who died Monday in a motorcycle crash near Snowbasin was identified Tuesday as Jennifer Anderson.
Anderson, 28, had been riding with a group of motorcyclists on Trapper's Loop Road between Morgan and Weber counties when she became separated from the group, according to Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Lane Findlay.
Witnesses reported seeing Anderson attempting to catch up at a high speed when she lost control of the motorcycle on a corner and crashed.
Anderson had been wearing a helmet and riding jacket, but she suffered severe trauma to her arm, leg and neck, and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Findlay.
The accident was still under investigation Tuesday, but Findlay said excessive speed is believed to be the primary cause of the crash.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23