SNOWBASIN — A Clearfield woman who died Monday in a motorcycle crash near Snowbasin was identified Tuesday as Jennifer Anderson.
Anderson, 28, had been riding with a group of motorcyclists on Trapper's Loop Road between Morgan and Weber counties when she became separated from the group, according to Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Lane Findlay.
Witnesses reported seeing Anderson attempting to catch up at a high speed when she lost control of the motorcycle on a corner and crashed.
Anderson had been wearing a helmet and riding jacket, but she suffered severe trauma to her arm, leg and neck, and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Findlay.
The accident was still under investigation Tuesday, but Findlay said excessive speed is believed to be the primary cause of the crash.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Unwarranted drug database search prompts new...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 58
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14