SNOWBASIN — A Clearfield woman who died Monday in a motorcycle crash near Snowbasin was identified Tuesday as Jennifer Anderson.
Anderson, 28, had been riding with a group of motorcyclists on Trapper's Loop Road between Morgan and Weber counties when she became separated from the group, according to Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Lane Findlay.
Witnesses reported seeing Anderson attempting to catch up at a high speed when she lost control of the motorcycle on a corner and crashed.
Anderson had been wearing a helmet and riding jacket, but she suffered severe trauma to her arm, leg and neck, and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Findlay.
The accident was still under investigation Tuesday, but Findlay said excessive speed is believed to be the primary cause of the crash.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8