SNOWBASIN — A Clearfield woman who died Monday in a motorcycle crash near Snowbasin was identified Tuesday as Jennifer Anderson.
Anderson, 28, had been riding with a group of motorcyclists on Trapper's Loop Road between Morgan and Weber counties when she became separated from the group, according to Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Lane Findlay.
Witnesses reported seeing Anderson attempting to catch up at a high speed when she lost control of the motorcycle on a corner and crashed.
Anderson had been wearing a helmet and riding jacket, but she suffered severe trauma to her arm, leg and neck, and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Findlay.
The accident was still under investigation Tuesday, but Findlay said excessive speed is believed to be the primary cause of the crash.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9