Mary Richards, KSL NewsRadio
KAYSVILLE — For a teacher, getting to know all of your students at the start of the school year can take a while.
For Andrea Wood, a third-grade teacher at Columbia Elementary School, that task may be a bit tougher this year. That's because she has four sets of twins in her classroom.
“Getting to know them has been really fun; they're just really great kids," Wood said. "It's exciting, and I think they're excited about it, too.”
Bennet and Aiden Campbell are the only set of identical twins in the class; Logan and Gracie Sundloff, Sara and Alyssa Norton, and Brighton and Brendan Pierce are all fraternal twins.
Wood said she was surprised when she learned about the dynamics of her new class, but says they might make some things easier.
“When it comes to parent-teacher conference time, I’ll have one parent to talk to (for each set of twins)," she said. "And I think for parents, it might be easier to have just one set of teacher rules and other things to get used to.”
As for the twins, they all like being in the same class as their sibling; and Wood has no plans to change that.
“I have twins in my family — my sister has identical twins — and I also have a really good friend (who's) a twin. And they say, 'Don’t split them up,'" she said.
Still, separation from one another inside the classroom might be a different story. While Wood has the siblings sitting next to each another as the class gets to know one another, she said they'll probably be separated eventually.
Down the hall, another class is dealing with a similar situation, albeit on a much smaller scale. There is a fifth set of twins, another identical pair, in Columbia Elementary's third-grade class.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- Jonathan Johnson says voters 'ready for a...
- Gov. Gary Herbert running hard for second...
- Utah business, refugee leaders urge community...
- Wasatch Back co-founder finally gets to run...
- Police investigate wild drug chase, shootout,...
- 'Fearful' restaurateur changed locks,...
- Drone sightings hamper Utah wildfire...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 69
- Preventing mass shootings? Utah... 67
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 42
- Chaffetz: I'm going to be 'kid in a... 29
- Utah energy group pursues nuclear power... 26
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 24
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 20