Mary Richards, KSL NewsRadio
KAYSVILLE — For a teacher, getting to know all of your students at the start of the school year can take a while.
For Andrea Wood, a third-grade teacher at Columbia Elementary School, that task may be a bit tougher this year. That's because she has four sets of twins in her classroom.
“Getting to know them has been really fun; they're just really great kids," Wood said. "It's exciting, and I think they're excited about it, too.”
Bennet and Aiden Campbell are the only set of identical twins in the class; Logan and Gracie Sundloff, Sara and Alyssa Norton, and Brighton and Brendan Pierce are all fraternal twins.
Wood said she was surprised when she learned about the dynamics of her new class, but says they might make some things easier.
“When it comes to parent-teacher conference time, I’ll have one parent to talk to (for each set of twins)," she said. "And I think for parents, it might be easier to have just one set of teacher rules and other things to get used to.”
As for the twins, they all like being in the same class as their sibling; and Wood has no plans to change that.
“I have twins in my family — my sister has identical twins — and I also have a really good friend (who's) a twin. And they say, 'Don’t split them up,'" she said.
Still, separation from one another inside the classroom might be a different story. While Wood has the siblings sitting next to each another as the class gets to know one another, she said they'll probably be separated eventually.
Down the hall, another class is dealing with a similar situation, albeit on a much smaller scale. There is a fifth set of twins, another identical pair, in Columbia Elementary's third-grade class.
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Strong winds cause damage, possibly fatal...
- Former BYU, non-Mormon professor writes 'in...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- About Utah: Want a ride to the past? Matt...
- New strategies eliminate long waitlist for...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 48
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 28
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 26
- GOP primary in governor's race now... 24
- S.L. City Council unsure what to expect... 21
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 20