Mary Richards, KSL NewsRadio
KAYSVILLE — For a teacher, getting to know all of your students at the start of the school year can take a while.
For Andrea Wood, a third-grade teacher at Columbia Elementary School, that task may be a bit tougher this year. That's because she has four sets of twins in her classroom.
“Getting to know them has been really fun; they're just really great kids," Wood said. "It's exciting, and I think they're excited about it, too.”
Bennet and Aiden Campbell are the only set of identical twins in the class; Logan and Gracie Sundloff, Sara and Alyssa Norton, and Brighton and Brendan Pierce are all fraternal twins.
Wood said she was surprised when she learned about the dynamics of her new class, but says they might make some things easier.
“When it comes to parent-teacher conference time, I’ll have one parent to talk to (for each set of twins)," she said. "And I think for parents, it might be easier to have just one set of teacher rules and other things to get used to.”
As for the twins, they all like being in the same class as their sibling; and Wood has no plans to change that.
“I have twins in my family — my sister has identical twins — and I also have a really good friend (who's) a twin. And they say, 'Don’t split them up,'" she said.
Still, separation from one another inside the classroom might be a different story. While Wood has the siblings sitting next to each another as the class gets to know one another, she said they'll probably be separated eventually.
Down the hall, another class is dealing with a similar situation, albeit on a much smaller scale. There is a fifth set of twins, another identical pair, in Columbia Elementary's third-grade class.
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- Panel recommends options to reduce aviation...
- Audit of embattled S.L. County Recorder's...
- Woman critically injured in Bountiful...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- Man falls 70 feet to his death in Provo
- Man shot dead in Midvale; alleged shooter in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 75
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17