Authorities searching for missing man who left Rockport campsite
ROCKPORT RESERVOIR, Summit County — Authorities searched Monday for a 20-year-old man new to the United States who left a campsite Sunday morning after arguing with a female companion.
Halden Efren, 20, of Micronesia, doesn't speak English well and doesn't have his passport, said Kevin Taylor, assistant park manager of Rockport State Park. He also has only been in the United States about a month and does not know the area. He had been staying with relatives in Salt Lake City.
Taylor said after the argument, Efren walked down the beach. The group he was with looked for him but it wasn't until returning home that they realized he wasn't with anyone and notified authorities.
Some 20 members of the Summit County search and rescue team and a state Department of Public Safety helicopter looked for Efren Sunday. Taylor said the case will be turned over to Summit County investigators.
Efren is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 170 pounds with brown eyes and short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, gray shorts, sandals and a Chicago Bulls baseball cap. He was also carrying a backpack.
Anyone who has seen Efren or may have picked him up in the Rockport area is asked to contact the Summit County Sheriff's Office at 435-615-3600.
— Lisa Riley Roche
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Police: More than 100 Sanpete County homes...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Chopper pilot set to retire after 46 years,...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 22
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 14
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 14