Authorities searching for missing man who left Rockport campsite
ROCKPORT RESERVOIR, Summit County — Authorities searched Monday for a 20-year-old man new to the United States who left a campsite Sunday morning after arguing with a female companion.
Halden Efren, 20, of Micronesia, doesn't speak English well and doesn't have his passport, said Kevin Taylor, assistant park manager of Rockport State Park. He also has only been in the United States about a month and does not know the area. He had been staying with relatives in Salt Lake City.
Taylor said after the argument, Efren walked down the beach. The group he was with looked for him but it wasn't until returning home that they realized he wasn't with anyone and notified authorities.
Some 20 members of the Summit County search and rescue team and a state Department of Public Safety helicopter looked for Efren Sunday. Taylor said the case will be turned over to Summit County investigators.
Efren is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 170 pounds with brown eyes and short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, gray shorts, sandals and a Chicago Bulls baseball cap. He was also carrying a backpack.
Anyone who has seen Efren or may have picked him up in the Rockport area is asked to contact the Summit County Sheriff's Office at 435-615-3600.
— Lisa Riley Roche
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18