Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton outperformed by Tennessee quarterback Worley
Amy Smotherman Burgess, AP
Chuckie Keeton's return to the field for Utah State could have gone much better.
The Utah State senior quarterback was outdueled by his counterpart, Tennessee senior quarterback Justin Worley, in the Volunteers' 38-7 victory Sunday night.
Keeton missed the final nine games of the 2013 season after tearing his ACL and MCL in his knee against BYU. Against the Volunteers, he was under constant pressure and finished the night completing 18 of 35 passes for 144 yards and a touchdown. Keeton also threw two interceptions, which matched the total he threw in five games last season.
Worley, on the other hand, had a strong night as he completed 27 of 38 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns. Worley also had a stretch where he completed 13 straight passes.
Here's a look at the numbers for both quarterbacks from the season opener for both teams:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Rookie Rodney Hood wins award, Jazz lose...
- Gymnastics: Utes end two-year drought,...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 24
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16