Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton outperformed by Tennessee quarterback Worley
Amy Smotherman Burgess, AP
Chuckie Keeton's return to the field for Utah State could have gone much better.
The Utah State senior quarterback was outdueled by his counterpart, Tennessee senior quarterback Justin Worley, in the Volunteers' 38-7 victory Sunday night.
Keeton missed the final nine games of the 2013 season after tearing his ACL and MCL in his knee against BYU. Against the Volunteers, he was under constant pressure and finished the night completing 18 of 35 passes for 144 yards and a touchdown. Keeton also threw two interceptions, which matched the total he threw in five games last season.
Worley, on the other hand, had a strong night as he completed 27 of 38 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns. Worley also had a stretch where he completed 13 straight passes.
Here's a look at the numbers for both quarterbacks from the season opener for both teams:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37