Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton outperformed by Tennessee quarterback Worley
Amy Smotherman Burgess, AP
Chuckie Keeton's return to the field for Utah State could have gone much better.
The Utah State senior quarterback was outdueled by his counterpart, Tennessee senior quarterback Justin Worley, in the Volunteers' 38-7 victory Sunday night.
Keeton missed the final nine games of the 2013 season after tearing his ACL and MCL in his knee against BYU. Against the Volunteers, he was under constant pressure and finished the night completing 18 of 35 passes for 144 yards and a touchdown. Keeton also threw two interceptions, which matched the total he threw in five games last season.
Worley, on the other hand, had a strong night as he completed 27 of 38 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns. Worley also had a stretch where he completed 13 straight passes.
Here's a look at the numbers for both quarterbacks from the season opener for both teams:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 143
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16