SALT LAKE CITY — Police are trying to find the person responsible for a stabbing near Fairmont Park in Sugar House, Sunday afternoon.
A man in his 20s rode his bike into the park and showed witnesses a stab wound he had received in his abdomen around 4:30 p.m., according to Salt Lake police.
The victim told witnesses an unknown person came up to him and stabbed him, police said. The man had trouble giving a description of the person who stabbed him. Witnesses told police they saw the man talking to a person but did not see what happened between the two, according to police. Witnesses were also unable to describe the person who approached the man on the bike.
The victim was taken by ground crew to a local hospital with serious injuries.
Police are still investigating the incident.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14