Common Core state standards are one of the most politicized and misunderstood changes in grade-school education. Teachers in most states are now using these standards in the classroom but parents are still fighting to get state school boards to opt out. The standards were created by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers to improve academic achievement and accountability. Education reporter Celia Baker explains some of the myths and realities of Common Core.
A good marriage doesn't mean spouses agree on everything, but different views on budgeting can lead to problems that a husband and wife might not expect. Moneywise guru Michael De Groote offers some tips on how to win the budget battle with a reluctant spouse.
Monasteries around the country are having a hard time staying open because there simply aren't enough monks to keep them running. Carole Mikita takes us inside the challenges facing a monastery in Huntsville, Utah.
The Honor Flight network has been working to pay a small tribute to world war two veterans by taking them to Washington, D.C., to see their war memorials. To raise awareness for that cause we are sharing the remarkable stories of some of our veterans, including Cyclone Davis and Helen Porter.
- Over 100 missing, 14 dead as strong quake...
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl and sex...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9...
- Search for possible survivors of midair crash...
- Pope's sex abuse panel tells survivor to take...
- Lindsey Vonn wins women's World Cup downhill
- Florida readies for a fight with Zika virus
- Va. Tech murder suspects left few clues to...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 28
- Cruz tops Trump in Iowa; Clinton,... 22
- Obama pushes for every child to learn... 21
- Cruz, Rubio eye NH momentum as Dems... 15
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Americans are packing classes in how to... 12
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quits 2016 GOP... 12
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 10