Common Core state standards are one of the most politicized and misunderstood changes in grade-school education. Teachers in most states are now using these standards in the classroom but parents are still fighting to get state school boards to opt out. The standards were created by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers to improve academic achievement and accountability. Education reporter Celia Baker explains some of the myths and realities of Common Core.
A good marriage doesn't mean spouses agree on everything, but different views on budgeting can lead to problems that a husband and wife might not expect. Moneywise guru Michael De Groote offers some tips on how to win the budget battle with a reluctant spouse.
Monasteries around the country are having a hard time staying open because there simply aren't enough monks to keep them running. Carole Mikita takes us inside the challenges facing a monastery in Huntsville, Utah.
The Honor Flight network has been working to pay a small tribute to world war two veterans by taking them to Washington, D.C., to see their war memorials. To raise awareness for that cause we are sharing the remarkable stories of some of our veterans, including Cyclone Davis and Helen Porter.
- Watch live at the Democratic National Convention
- Farewell to VCRs: Japanese maker to shelve...
- At least 15 killed, dozens injured in knifing...
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,...
- Wish granted: Six-year-old boy will be...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 74
- Hillary Clinton promises steady hand in... 56
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 43
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 41
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34