Common Core state standards are one of the most politicized and misunderstood changes in grade-school education. Teachers in most states are now using these standards in the classroom but parents are still fighting to get state school boards to opt out. The standards were created by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers to improve academic achievement and accountability. Education reporter Celia Baker explains some of the myths and realities of Common Core.
A good marriage doesn't mean spouses agree on everything, but different views on budgeting can lead to problems that a husband and wife might not expect. Moneywise guru Michael De Groote offers some tips on how to win the budget battle with a reluctant spouse.
Monasteries around the country are having a hard time staying open because there simply aren't enough monks to keep them running. Carole Mikita takes us inside the challenges facing a monastery in Huntsville, Utah.
The Honor Flight network has been working to pay a small tribute to world war two veterans by taking them to Washington, D.C., to see their war memorials. To raise awareness for that cause we are sharing the remarkable stories of some of our veterans, including Cyclone Davis and Helen Porter.
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Scotland votes to remain part of United Kingdom
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- How much America wants to be taxed
- Chiefs' Reid dedicated to domestic abuse victims
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit...
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 27
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6