Common Core state standards are one of the most politicized and misunderstood changes in grade-school education. Teachers in most states are now using these standards in the classroom but parents are still fighting to get state school boards to opt out. The standards were created by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers to improve academic achievement and accountability. Education reporter Celia Baker explains some of the myths and realities of Common Core.
A good marriage doesn't mean spouses agree on everything, but different views on budgeting can lead to problems that a husband and wife might not expect. Moneywise guru Michael De Groote offers some tips on how to win the budget battle with a reluctant spouse.
Monasteries around the country are having a hard time staying open because there simply aren't enough monks to keep them running. Carole Mikita takes us inside the challenges facing a monastery in Huntsville, Utah.
The Honor Flight network has been working to pay a small tribute to world war two veterans by taking them to Washington, D.C., to see their war memorials. To raise awareness for that cause we are sharing the remarkable stories of some of our veterans, including Cyclone Davis and Helen Porter.
- Live at the GOP convention: Donald Trump...
- Pro- and anti-Trump forces hold dueling...
- GOP speakers fault Clinton on Benghazi deaths
- Trump campaign dismisses criticism of Melania...
- No charges for St. Louis officers who killed...
- Group: Half of Syrian refugee kids in Lebanon...
- Marilyn Monroe's tresses and dresses going up...
- India lifts ban but Kashmir papers not...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- Trump campaign dismisses criticism of... 49
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- GOP speakers fault Clinton on Benghazi... 44
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 39
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30