Common Core state standards are one of the most politicized and misunderstood changes in grade-school education. Teachers in most states are now using these standards in the classroom but parents are still fighting to get state school boards to opt out. The standards were created by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers to improve academic achievement and accountability. Education reporter Celia Baker explains some of the myths and realities of Common Core.
A good marriage doesn't mean spouses agree on everything, but different views on budgeting can lead to problems that a husband and wife might not expect. Moneywise guru Michael De Groote offers some tips on how to win the budget battle with a reluctant spouse.
Monasteries around the country are having a hard time staying open because there simply aren't enough monks to keep them running. Carole Mikita takes us inside the challenges facing a monastery in Huntsville, Utah.
The Honor Flight network has been working to pay a small tribute to world war two veterans by taking them to Washington, D.C., to see their war memorials. To raise awareness for that cause we are sharing the remarkable stories of some of our veterans, including Cyclone Davis and Helen Porter.
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs Hillary...
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of police...
- After setting iPhone record, what does Apple...
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Friend disputes Denver police account of...
- Blizzard-stricken East digs out amid forecast...
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 15
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 13
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 12
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 12
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11