Common Core state standards are one of the most politicized and misunderstood changes in grade-school education. Teachers in most states are now using these standards in the classroom but parents are still fighting to get state school boards to opt out. The standards were created by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers to improve academic achievement and accountability. Education reporter Celia Baker explains some of the myths and realities of Common Core.
A good marriage doesn't mean spouses agree on everything, but different views on budgeting can lead to problems that a husband and wife might not expect. Moneywise guru Michael De Groote offers some tips on how to win the budget battle with a reluctant spouse.
Monasteries around the country are having a hard time staying open because there simply aren't enough monks to keep them running. Carole Mikita takes us inside the challenges facing a monastery in Huntsville, Utah.
The Honor Flight network has been working to pay a small tribute to world war two veterans by taking them to Washington, D.C., to see their war memorials. To raise awareness for that cause we are sharing the remarkable stories of some of our veterans, including Cyclone Davis and Helen Porter.
- AirAsia plane carrying 162 lost; 3rd Malaysia...
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of maybes
- Heroes 2014: Meet the disruptive visionary...
- Police outside cop funeral turn backs on NYC...
- Largest quarterly GDP growth since 2003...
- Officials suggest possibility of reforming...
- Missing AirAsia flight requested to change...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Yes-We-Can president faces twilight of... 14
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 12
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in... 9
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 7
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Jeb Bush to step down from Tenet... 5