Two drivers killed in head-on collision in southern Utah
BIG WATER, Kane County — Two men from out of state died Saturday in a head-on collision on U.S. 89 in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A northbound Acura driven by Jay Russell, 53, of Page, Arizona, drifted into the southbound lane and collided with a Honda Civic driven by Richard Nutt, 78, of Douglas, Georgia, about eight miles from Big Water, the UHP said. The crash happened just before 1 p.m.
Russell was not wearing a seatbelt, while Nutt was wearing a seatbelt, according to the UHP.
The two drivers were the only occupants in the cars.
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- 2 killed in auto accident on I-80 in Summit...
- Tino, the king of Hogle Zoo's jungle, is...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 27
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17