Two drivers killed in head-on collision in southern Utah
BIG WATER, Kane County — Two men from out of state died Saturday in a head-on collision on U.S. 89 in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A northbound Acura driven by Jay Russell, 53, of Page, Arizona, drifted into the southbound lane and collided with a Honda Civic driven by Richard Nutt, 78, of Douglas, Georgia, about eight miles from Big Water, the UHP said. The crash happened just before 1 p.m.
Russell was not wearing a seatbelt, while Nutt was wearing a seatbelt, according to the UHP.
The two drivers were the only occupants in the cars.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9