Two drivers killed in head-on collision in southern Utah
BIG WATER, Kane County — Two men from out of state died Saturday in a head-on collision on U.S. 89 in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A northbound Acura driven by Jay Russell, 53, of Page, Arizona, drifted into the southbound lane and collided with a Honda Civic driven by Richard Nutt, 78, of Douglas, Georgia, about eight miles from Big Water, the UHP said. The crash happened just before 1 p.m.
Russell was not wearing a seatbelt, while Nutt was wearing a seatbelt, according to the UHP.
The two drivers were the only occupants in the cars.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 21
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14