Two drivers killed in head-on collision in southern Utah
BIG WATER, Kane County — Two men from out of state died Saturday in a head-on collision on U.S. 89 in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A northbound Acura driven by Jay Russell, 53, of Page, Arizona, drifted into the southbound lane and collided with a Honda Civic driven by Richard Nutt, 78, of Douglas, Georgia, about eight miles from Big Water, the UHP said. The crash happened just before 1 p.m.
Russell was not wearing a seatbelt, while Nutt was wearing a seatbelt, according to the UHP.
The two drivers were the only occupants in the cars.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 13
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9