Two drivers killed in head-on collision in southern Utah
BIG WATER, Kane County — Two men from out of state died Saturday in a head-on collision on U.S. 89 in southern Utah, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
A northbound Acura driven by Jay Russell, 53, of Page, Arizona, drifted into the southbound lane and collided with a Honda Civic driven by Richard Nutt, 78, of Douglas, Georgia, about eight miles from Big Water, the UHP said. The crash happened just before 1 p.m.
Russell was not wearing a seatbelt, while Nutt was wearing a seatbelt, according to the UHP.
The two drivers were the only occupants in the cars.
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- House panel to discuss bill on ending tax on...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- House panel to discuss bill on ending... 9