I do not concur with the legalization of any drug for recreation that was illegal before. I know that in Colorado and Washington there are laws to keep it in control, like no driving while you are intoxicated with marijuana, but it should not be used at all. I think we as Americans should be more concerned for the safety of the people smoking it and our family members' safety, who come in contact with the secondhand smoke. This drug, like any, is addictive and can impair you in the future. If we do not want our own loved ones to be doing anything with addictive substances, then why would we legalize an addictive harmful drug like marijuana? This drug should not be further legalized in any state.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Is it time for our first woman president? 47
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Jay Evensen: Drought, political insults... 10