Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster, brother Brad Sorensen among 18 locals cut this weekend
Anthony Denham, TE, Utah
The undrafted free-agent signee was waived by the Houston Texans Saturday. Denham's biggest preseason contribution was a blocked punt that led to a touchdown, and ESPN NFL Nation reporter Tania Ganguli said Houston would like to keep him for the practice squad.
Caleb Schlauderaff, G, Utah
The fourth-year pro was released by the New York Jets Saturday. He played in 12 games, starting one, in three seasons with the Jets.
Jake Doughty, LB, Utah State (Juan Diego HS)
Doughty was waived by the Packers Saturday. Rob Demovsky, a reporter for ESPN NFL Nation Packers, said there is a possibility he could join the Packers' practice squad. Doughty had 11 tackles and a fumble recovery during preseason play.
A.J. Pataiali’i, DT, Utah State (Snow College and Hunter HS)
The rookie undrafted free agent signee was waived by Baltimore Saturday. Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reported that, according to a source, the Ravens hope to keep Pataiali'i on their practice squad.
Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
Marsh was released by the Philadelphia Eagles Saturday. The team press release said he showed improvement during training camp, but it did not carry over to the preseason. Marsh, heading into his fourth season in the NFL, has spent nearly his entire pro career with the Eagles, with a short stint in Cincinnati.
Tevita Finau, DT, Utah
The New York Jets confirmed via Twitter Saturday that Finau was released. Finau had been with the Jets since December 2012 and was on the team's practice squad last season.
Sam Brenner, OL, Utah
Brenner, a second-year pro who played in seven games for Miami last year and started four, was waived by the Dolpins Saturday. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reported that Miami may want to keep him on the Dolphins' practice squad.
D.J. Tialavea, TE, Utah State (West Jordan HS)
Tialavea was among nine rookies waived by the Jacksonville Jaguars Friday. The tight end had four receptions for 23 yards during preseason play, but Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union wrote, "He played with the starters during the first two preseason games, but his play then either leveled off and tailed off."
Pat McQuistan, OL, Weber State
The veteran offensive lineman was released by the Atlanta Falcons Friday. McQuistan, who hasn't played in a regular-season game since 2012, signed with the team on Aug. 19.
Tevita Stevens, OL, Utah
Stevens, a second-year pro who spent last season on Washington's practice squad, was waived by the Redskins Friday. He joined Washington as an undrafted rookie free agent in May 2013.
The 49ers placed fullback Will Tukuafa (East High) on injured reserve Saturday, ending his 2014 season.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19