While we acknowledge the great weight of the presidency and appreciate the efforts of many, we observe that President Barack Obama has filled the seats of government with the most radical, anti-religion, unjust, misguided group ever. He has circumvented the perspicacious laws of our land, told one untruth after another, usurped undelegated power and, for political gain, he has failed to act at times of great importance. He joined suit with a foreign nation against one of our own states for using the exact wording of federal code in their own needed laws.
So that is just trying to “make our country great again?" Sophistry and demagoguery do not make a nation great.
And how is the tea party trying to reconnect America with its basic, founding principles while operating a balanced budget somehow a countereffort?
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 33
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18