Brigham Young, Utah War topic of Leonard J. Arrington history lecture Oct. 2
LOGAN — “Heroes and Hero Worship: Brigham Young and the Utah War” is the topic of speaker Ronald W. Walker’s presentation at the 20th annual Leonard J. Arrington Mormon History Lecture on Thursday, Oct. 2, at 7 p.m. at the Logan LDS Tabernacle, 50 N. Main, Logan, according to a news release.
Walker is a professional historian living in Salt Lake City, an emeritus professor of history at Brigham Young University and the author or editor of eight books and more than five dozen historical articles dealing mainly with Western, Utah and Mormon history. The Mormon History Association has recognized his work with multiple citations and awards, including its Best Book Award, which he has received twice, according to press materials.
The Arrington Mormon History Lecture is open to the public. It is sponsored by USU Special Collections and Archives, University Libraries; The Leonard J. Arrington Lecture and Archives Foundation; the College of Humanities; and Social Sciences and Utah State University.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5