BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson, Robertson Daniel don't make trip to UConn
Ravell Call, Deseret News
EAST HARTFORD, Conn. — BYU officials confirmed Thursday that seniors Jordan Johnson and Robertson Daniel — who were listed as the starting cornerbacks on the depth chart Monday — did not make the trip here for Friday night’s game against Connecticut.
Johnson and Daniel mostly worked with the second and third teams during fall camp, and for weeks there has been speculation that they wouldn’t play in the season opener. It was supposed to be a homecoming for Johnson, who hails from Springfield, Massachusetts, which is about 30 minutes from East Hartford.
On Monday, when asked if Johnson and Daniel would be starting against the Huskies, coach Bronco Mendenhall said, “I would love them both to be able to start." He added, “I’d be leery of the two-deep and say, that’s Monday’s depth chart. I’m not promising that will be Friday night’s depth chart. Anything that happens internally in the program, I don’t always share. That’s the way I plan to keep it.”
Sophomore Michael Davis and freshman Jordan Preator are listed as the backups at cornerback for the Cougars.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19