CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12 happens next year if league misses out on playoffs
LM Otero, AP
Another national pundit made his prediction that BYU would join the Big 12, this one with a stipulation.
CBS Sports analyst Gary Danielson predicted on the radio show "The Mac Attack," broadcast out of Charlotte, North Carolina, that BYU and Central Florida would be invited to join the Big 12 after this season if the league was left out of the College Football Playoff in its inaugural year.
"One big prediction this year was going to be that because the Big 12 was not going to get their champion in the final four that they would expand in the offseason, take Central Florida and BYU and put a championship in the year after," Danielson said on the show.
Danielson, who said the Big 12 is the most vulnerable to being left out of the College Football Playoff, also admitted he's been wrong for seven straight years on his big prediction before each season.
The Big 12 is the lone league of the Power 5 — including the SEC, Pac-12, ACC and Big Ten — that does not have a championship game. Unlike the other conferences, though, all teams in the Big 12 play each other every year.
BYU and Central Florida are set to play this year on Oct. 9 in Orlando.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20