CAMP WILLIAMS — The public is invited to attend open houses to learn about the Camp Williams Joint Land Use Study and provide input to the project team.
Each participating community will have its own booth where residents, business owners and others can review information, ask questions, and provide feedback. Camp Williams will also have an information booth where participants can learn about its mission, operations and important contributions to the region.
The open houses will be Monday, Sept. 8, at Herriman City Hall, 13011 S. Pioneer St.; and Tuesday, Sept. 9, at Saratoga Springs City Hall, 1307 N. Commerce Drive, Suite 200. Both meetings are from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The project’s implementation area includes the southern portions of Herriman and Salt Lake County, as well as portions of Eagle Mountain, Saratoga Springs, Lehi and Utah County.
Funded through a grant from the Department of Defense's Office of Economic Adjustment, and contributions by Eagle Mountain, the JLUS Implementation project is a cooperative land use planning effort conducted as a joint venture between an active military installation, surrounding counties and cities, and other affected stakeholders.
The overall goal is to protect the viability of current and future missions at Camp Williams while accommodating growth, sustaining the economic health of the region, and protecting public health and safety.
For more information, visit the project website at www.campwilliamsjlus.com.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12