Although there was a temporary stop because two beautiful moose decided to take a stroll onto one of the greens, nothing could stop the Orem Tigers from taking the top spot at Wednesday's Region 7 golf tournament held at Mountain Dell Golf Course.
The Tgers were led by senior standout Brock Stanger, who shot an impressive 72. Stanger was supported by teammates Josh Parker, Dayson Deucher and Matt Rasmussen who combined for a winning team total of 311.
After the win Stanger reflected on the day's match. “I personally had a rough start, but things turned around when I sank a 20-foot putt to save bogey. I felt good and also knew I had good teammates who were playing good.” Stanger also talked about how the Tigers have seen some good improvements from match to match and are now hitting their stride. He also mentioned that he really enjoys battling it out with Aaron Yates of Timpanogos High, as they have done so many times over the past few years.
There was also impressive individual play by Yates and Corner Canyon's Rhett Rasmussen who both carded 73s. After the Tiger's 311, it was Skyline at 315, Olympus at 318, Timpanogos at 319, Corner Canyon at 327, Murray at 329 and Mountain View at 334.
Timpanogos coach Kim Nelson said, “This course, Mountain Dell, always seems to get our team. It provides a number of challenges for any golfer, but I am proud of what our boys were able to do.”
Seth Saunders is an executive business consultant and leadership coach. Seth has been married 18 years to his amazing wife, Amber, and is the proud father of three wonderful sons. He is passionate about helping others succeed.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 27