ST. GEORGE — An early morning crash between a cement truck and a pickup left one man dead Wednesday.
The driver of the cement truck was headed west on Red Hills Parkway about 6:20 a.m. and drifted into the eastbound lane as the truck rounded a bend near 1300 East, St. George police reported.
An oncoming pickup truck driven by Bruno Loreda, 52, was hit head-on. Loreda was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in the truck, a 37-year-old man, and the driver of the cement truck, a 53-year-old man, sustained injuries that were not life-threatening.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 38
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9