ST. GEORGE — An early morning crash between a cement truck and a pickup left one man dead Wednesday.
The driver of the cement truck was headed west on Red Hills Parkway about 6:20 a.m. and drifted into the eastbound lane as the truck rounded a bend near 1300 East, St. George police reported.
An oncoming pickup truck driven by Bruno Loreda, 52, was hit head-on. Loreda was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in the truck, a 37-year-old man, and the driver of the cement truck, a 53-year-old man, sustained injuries that were not life-threatening.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10