The solution for teenagers to get more sleep is not necessarily to start school later, but for teenagers to go to bed earlier. The sleep deprivation teens are experiencing is caused by staying up until midnight instead of going to sleep at a reasonable time on school nights. They spend too much time on electronic gadgets and not enough time on health, fitness and social interaction with other actual human beings.
The old saying, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise," still applies.
Kathryn P Dyer
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy
- Letter: Metal detectors
- George F. Will: The Great War: the hinge of...
- My View: High-risk pools: the life jacket...
- Richard Davis: Brexit wasn’t really...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 32
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 23
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 21
- Letter: Supporting teachers 21