The solution for teenagers to get more sleep is not necessarily to start school later, but for teenagers to go to bed earlier. The sleep deprivation teens are experiencing is caused by staying up until midnight instead of going to sleep at a reasonable time on school nights. They spend too much time on electronic gadgets and not enough time on health, fitness and social interaction with other actual human beings.
The old saying, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise," still applies.
Kathryn P Dyer
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- Letter: Costly benefits
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27