The solution for teenagers to get more sleep is not necessarily to start school later, but for teenagers to go to bed earlier. The sleep deprivation teens are experiencing is caused by staying up until midnight instead of going to sleep at a reasonable time on school nights. They spend too much time on electronic gadgets and not enough time on health, fitness and social interaction with other actual human beings.
The old saying, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise," still applies.
Kathryn P Dyer
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- A. Scott Anderson: Sen. Bennett: Selfless...
- Michael Gerson: Conservatives' deal with the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Collective neurosis in...
- In our opinion: Not all economic inequality...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a de-humanized...
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 49
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Character still matters in... 21
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 17
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 12