The solution for teenagers to get more sleep is not necessarily to start school later, but for teenagers to go to bed earlier. The sleep deprivation teens are experiencing is caused by staying up until midnight instead of going to sleep at a reasonable time on school nights. They spend too much time on electronic gadgets and not enough time on health, fitness and social interaction with other actual human beings.
The old saying, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise," still applies.
Kathryn P Dyer
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- Drew Clark: The 'least dangerous branch' must...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 25
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 20
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 19
- In our opinion: Now a thriving urban... 17