The solution for teenagers to get more sleep is not necessarily to start school later, but for teenagers to go to bed earlier. The sleep deprivation teens are experiencing is caused by staying up until midnight instead of going to sleep at a reasonable time on school nights. They spend too much time on electronic gadgets and not enough time on health, fitness and social interaction with other actual human beings.
The old saying, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise," still applies.
Kathryn P Dyer
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Letter: No end in sight
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31