MAGNA — Police have tracked down a fourth suspect in a double stabbing Saturday.
Cody Johnson, 26, was booked into Salt Lake County Jail on an oustanding warrant Wednesday. He is being investigated for parole violations, aggravated assault, a weapons violation and possession of methamphetamine, according to jail documents.
Police were called to 3282 S. 7780 West shortly before midnight Saturday and discovered that two men had been stabbed. Both were taken to a local hospital. One man, 30, was in critical condition, and the other, 28, was in serious condition.
The incident began when the two men pulled into the driveway of the residence and observed several people in the front yard. An argument ensued, and the two men were stabbed before the suspects fled on foot. K-9 officers located some of them in a nearby backyard.
Police arrested Jeremy Crowther and Derrek Andrews, both 23, and booked them into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of two counts of aggravated assault. Crowther was also booked on a warrant. Jail officials said Wednesday that the two men were no longer in custody. No charges had been filed against them as of Wednesday.
A 16-year-old girl was booked into the Salt Lake Valley Detention Center for investigation of two counts of aggravated assault.
Adult parole and probation officers located Johnson, who was reportedly in possession of two knives and a small amount of methamphetamine. Johnson told investigators he had assaulted the two men Saturday and was "holding a knife as he did so," jail documents state.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: McKenzieRomero
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson, but...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 132
- Rally in support of police also draws... 42
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 23
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands... 8
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail... 7