LDS Church releases video about overcoming pornography addictions
In a YouTube video released Aug. 20 by the Mormon Channel, Sister Linda S. Reeves, second counselor in the Relief Society general presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, warns against the dangers of pornography.
"Pornography today is a plague like we have never seen," Reeves says in the video, drawing information from her most recent general conference address, "Protection from Pornography." "It's breaking apart families, it's destroying lives, it distorts our sense of who people are and what true love is."
In addition to Reeves' remarks, an LDS couple who experienced the effects of a pornography addiction in their home discusses the pain they experienced.
Both Reeves and the couple also address the possibility of healing, repentance and forgiveness after one succumbs to a pornography addiction.
"We need to know and have faith that the Savior knows us and our very situation, and he knows how to heal us and heal those around us," Reeves said. "(Our Father in Heaven) knew about pornography and that this would be the plague of our day, and so he has provided an escape."
The LDS Church provides a website called Overcoming Pornography for those who need help combating this addiction.
The video has received more than 81,000 views.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communications.
- 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide' commemorates...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Live nativity attracts more than 3,500 in...
- Can you question the Virgin Birth and... 20
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 19
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 14
- This is what going to church does to you 9
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 8
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Local faith leaders share inspiring... 5