LDS Church releases video about overcoming pornography addictions
In a YouTube video released Aug. 20 by the Mormon Channel, Sister Linda S. Reeves, second counselor in the Relief Society general presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, warns against the dangers of pornography.
"Pornography today is a plague like we have never seen," Reeves says in the video, drawing information from her most recent general conference address, "Protection from Pornography." "It's breaking apart families, it's destroying lives, it distorts our sense of who people are and what true love is."
In addition to Reeves' remarks, an LDS couple who experienced the effects of a pornography addiction in their home discusses the pain they experienced.
Both Reeves and the couple also address the possibility of healing, repentance and forgiveness after one succumbs to a pornography addiction.
"We need to know and have faith that the Savior knows us and our very situation, and he knows how to heal us and heal those around us," Reeves said. "(Our Father in Heaven) knew about pornography and that this would be the plague of our day, and so he has provided an escape."
The LDS Church provides a website called Overcoming Pornography for those who need help combating this addiction.
The video has received more than 81,000 views.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communications.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- BYUtv docudrama 'Joan of Arc' shares...
- Defending the Faith: Reasons for... 12
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a... 10
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1