LDS Church releases video about overcoming pornography addictions
In a YouTube video released Aug. 20 by the Mormon Channel, Sister Linda S. Reeves, second counselor in the Relief Society general presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, warns against the dangers of pornography.
"Pornography today is a plague like we have never seen," Reeves says in the video, drawing information from her most recent general conference address, "Protection from Pornography." "It's breaking apart families, it's destroying lives, it distorts our sense of who people are and what true love is."
In addition to Reeves' remarks, an LDS couple who experienced the effects of a pornography addiction in their home discusses the pain they experienced.
Both Reeves and the couple also address the possibility of healing, repentance and forgiveness after one succumbs to a pornography addiction.
"We need to know and have faith that the Savior knows us and our very situation, and he knows how to heal us and heal those around us," Reeves said. "(Our Father in Heaven) knew about pornography and that this would be the plague of our day, and so he has provided an escape."
The LDS Church provides a website called Overcoming Pornography for those who need help combating this addiction.
The video has received more than 81,000 views.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communications.
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- 'Studio C' cast talks to LDS teens about...
- See why this Christian mother is giving up...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 170
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 35
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 33
- LDS statement could move Utah... 25
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- See why this Christian mother is giving... 11