SANDY — The Canyons School District’s Special Education Department recently acknowledged the accomplishments of seven educators and staff members.
The district workers were recognized during the district’s sixth annual Special Education Opening Institute.
Honored for preschool was Deborah Willoughby, who works with Sandy Elementary and Midvale Elementary schools and was nominated for her ability to create learning opportunities that help her students grow and progress.
Elementary school recognition went to Shelley Phillips with Park Lane Elementary Accommodated Core, nominated for her skills in working with students with autism.
Melody Andrus of Butler Middle School was recognized and nominated for making sure her students have every opportunity to be successful. Anne Behrent with Alta High School was noted for helping make Alta High more accessible for all special education students.
School psychologist Megan Terry of Copperview Elementary was nominated for her calm, precise thinking and dependability in stressful situations. Speech language pathologist Amy Tyrell, also of Copperview Elementary, was recognized for her willingness to share her expertise and experiential knowledge.
Sue Mikel, a physical therapist who works with students at Canyons schools, was recognized as a related-service provider. Colleagues called her problem-solving skills inspiring.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 19
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16