SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Chamber recognized area business leaders and companies Tuesday in a tribute to past, present and future contributions to the state.
Bailey Montague & Associates, a chamber member for 40 years, was recognized as the Small Business of the Year for its community-minded service, while Hilton Salt Lake City Center was honored as the Corporate Partner of the Year for its exceptional care of hotel guests.
The Salt Lake Chamber, the largest business association in the state, awarded Utah Transit Authority its President's Award for Excellence for providing "a much-needed transportation alternative to the most populated area in our state" while reporting record ridership in 2013.
The chamber luncheon also honored six individuals who have personally contributed to the chamber as Chamber Champions: Abby Albrecht, of Granite Construction Co.; Camilla Edsberg, of Hope Gallery and Museum of Fine Art; Jonathan Hafen, of Parr Brown Gee & Loveless; Debra Hoyt, of Questar Corp.; and Jonathan Johnson, of Overstock.com.
"The Salt Lake Chamber brings together dedicated businesses and talented people to make our economy stronger," Lane Beattie, president and CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber, said in a news release. "Our honorees truly are legends, and this was a great opportunity for us to thank them for their tireless commitment to make our state the best place to do business."
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14