SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake Chamber recognized area business leaders and companies Tuesday in a tribute to past, present and future contributions to the state.
Bailey Montague & Associates, a chamber member for 40 years, was recognized as the Small Business of the Year for its community-minded service, while Hilton Salt Lake City Center was honored as the Corporate Partner of the Year for its exceptional care of hotel guests.
The Salt Lake Chamber, the largest business association in the state, awarded Utah Transit Authority its President's Award for Excellence for providing "a much-needed transportation alternative to the most populated area in our state" while reporting record ridership in 2013.
The chamber luncheon also honored six individuals who have personally contributed to the chamber as Chamber Champions: Abby Albrecht, of Granite Construction Co.; Camilla Edsberg, of Hope Gallery and Museum of Fine Art; Jonathan Hafen, of Parr Brown Gee & Loveless; Debra Hoyt, of Questar Corp.; and Jonathan Johnson, of Overstock.com.
"The Salt Lake Chamber brings together dedicated businesses and talented people to make our economy stronger," Lane Beattie, president and CEO of the Salt Lake Chamber, said in a news release. "Our honorees truly are legends, and this was a great opportunity for us to thank them for their tireless commitment to make our state the best place to do business."
— McKenzie Romero
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12